Tuesday, January 13, 2015

SWE-D Scholarship Recipient Thank You Letter!


Date: 20 September 2014

To Whom It May Concern,

I was very happy to learn that I was one of the recipients of the SWE-Detroit Scholarship this year. I am writing to thank you for the generous financial support for my higher education. It means a lot to me that you believe in me as well as the other women in Southeastern Michigan who are working to reach our higher educational goals.

I am attending the Michigan Technological University this fall and plan on pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering with the potential for completing a degree in materials science and engineering as well. Upon graduation, I hope to further study environmental science/engineering so I can work to develop more energy efficient technologies, especially solar technology, to do my part in helping ensure the sustainability of our world for the future.

By awarding me this scholarship, you have helped me become one step closer to achieving my educational goals. You have additionally inspired me to continue giving back to my community; in Houghton, Michigan, I plan on continuing my involvement with high school robotics teams, and plan on mentoring a team in the area. I have also attended several of the SWE events at Michigan Tech thus far; they have women in the STEM fields give presentations nearly every week and I have already learned so much. I definitely cannot wait to become more involved with the program. Once again, thank you very much for your generosity; I hope you realize how much it means to me.

Sincerely,
Laura Schimmel

No comments:

Post a Comment